Welcome to the Automation Tool & Die Career Center
At Automation Tool & Die we are dedicated to attracting and developing a diverse team of individuals committed to success. Becoming an Automation Tool & Die Employee is more than just joining a company on the cutting edge of their industry. It’s joining a company that values its employees and invests in their future. It’s working in a challenging environment that encourages employee development and success. Automation Tool & Die is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer Best in Class benefit and compensation packages that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, incentive plan, and much more!
We are always looking for people that have the X- Factor. Here at ATD our team that is made up of Can Do People. Regardless of where – at home, at work, in the community, working with other team members, working with family or as a mentor, our team makes a positive difference; they are Can Do People that make our team successful; they’re the ones that find reasons to make something work and contribute in a positive way to make our company GREAT. They are the people that work hard when no one is looking and remain focused on pertinent objectives. They have a purpose.
They may not be the most talented or have the highest credentials, but they work well with others, build trust and are motivated and determined to be successful. In a word, they have heart. They are dependable in demanding situations that require extra effort or discipline. They understand that if they come to work every day and focus on making ATD a better company, they will benefit in the long run – “If you take care of the store, the store will take care of you. ”They bring an unselfish attitude and want one in return.
Can Do People understand that that there is no room for a primo uomo or prima donna. They are the difference makers, the reason why our customers call on ATD, allowing us to continue to be Best in Class and continue to grow. Are you up for the challenge? To learn more about the career opportunities currently available at Automation Tool & Die please visit the Current Job Listing page on this site.
Human Resource Generalist/Administrator
Perform and administer various Human Resources related duties for a small/mid size manufacturing company. Carry out responsibilities in areas of recruiting, orientation, employee relations and training.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job posting on Web site, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews.
- Conducts benefits enrollment for new employees.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains book
- Conducts, processes, and maintains records for pre-employment screening
- Coordinates employee benefit programs which include enrollments of health, life, disability, 401k, etc.
- Maintains personnel files
- Maintain existing employee handbook
- Conducts new employee orientation
- Work with Managers and employees in coordinating training at all levels.
- Prepare paperwork required to place employee on payroll
- Assist with processing of terminations, including conducting an exit interview, assuring compliance with COBRA guidelines, notifying benefit suppliers of termination date, responding and completing unemployment documentation, etc.
- Assist with preparation of employee performance reviews. Includes working with department managers on identifying employee output and performance.
- Understanding and preparing reports that would identify standards not met and run rates not met by an employee. Obtaining the necessary reports, analyzing the reports and communicating to department manager on both positive and negative results of performance.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data.
- Considerable knowledge of human resource administration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a changing environment, under high pressure.
- Ability to speak to a group and present feedback.
- Listening skills
- Problem solving skills to be used and orchestrated in a timely fashion
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong computer skills with ability to learn on your own.
Job Specifications or Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree with 3 to 5 years of job related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office / Windows
Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Ability to work closely with two active owners by understanding their objectives and long term plan for the company.
- Ability to communicate in a positive way and bring ideas forward with objective evidence.
ORDER ANALYST/CUSTOMER SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR
Excellent opportunity for an Order Analyst/Customer Service Administrator to join the team at Automation Tool & Die! This full-time position offers generous compensation, best in class benefits, and a great work environment.
Be an integral part of our Materials Department:
- Sales Order Entry & Acknowledgement – receive and reconcile customer orders (blanket and kanban, new and revised) against ATD Quotation (part, quantity, price, lead time) and send acknowledgment(s) via email.
- Create or update production work orders for any parts viewed in the O/E process. Communicate with Materials and Production team when updates/changes have occurred.
- Customer Service - provide focused attention to customers via telephone, email, or online portal.
- Process and System Support – detailed review and entry of orders per the established ATD process into our ERP System.
- Make order acknowledgment decisions based on established policy and knowledge of our products, understanding the product realization timelines, anticipating needs and follow through to resolution. Identify ways to serve and show that you care and improve customer satisfaction.
- Office and Administrative Support - filing, record keeping, data entry. Assist in answering telephone calls.
- Department Support – Provide clerical support for Materials Team (i.e. prepare research, coordinate meetings, take meeting minutes, prepare meeting documents, etc.)
- Projects – assist on continual improvement projects to support the Company.
- Workplace Organization - to ensure the smooth flow of information throughout ATD.
Job Specifications or Qualifications:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ previous Customer Service with data entry and use of MRP/ERP.
- Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Time Management
- Professional Communication – clear, understandable communication – both written and spoken, that builds trust.
- Business Acumen - ability to recognize situations, make appropriate business decisions and behave in a way that represents ATD in a professional way.
- Objectivity – pragmatic situation analysis and assessment to maintain integrity.
- Working with Others - interpersonal skills to support working cooperatively and have regard for others, the ability to work together as a team.
- Communication - of your own needs, accepting constructive feedback, coping with learning opportunities and support.
- Willingness - to support the department and the company through teamwork.
Key attributes of an ideal candidate for this position:
Attention to detail and accuracy. Following procedures to ensure quality and orderly work.
Critical and systematic thinker, Precise, Thorough, Moderate, Diplomatic, Knowledgeable, Analytical, Conventional, Exacting, Neat, Systematic, Accurate, Tactful, Open-Minded, Balanced Judgment, Patient, Predictable, Consistent, Deliberate, Steady, Stable, Conservative, Calculating, Cooperative, Cautious, Reflective, Factual, Calculating.
ENTRY LEVEL MANUFACTURING CANDIDATES
Entry Level Manufacturing Candidates
Tool and Die, Metal Stamping and related Career Paths are available immediately!
Looking for a career, not just a job? Are you searching opportunity - good pay, excellent benefits, company paid and career advancing education? Automation Tool & Die has well-paid opportunities for entry level and experienced candidates. We are currently seeking entry level and experienced candidates for Press Operator, Die Setter, Welder, Value Added Service, Tool and Die, CAD, Die Design, and Quality roles within our growing company.
We are conveniently located in Valley City, and have openings on both shifts.
As an engagement and retention strategy, we commit early to entry-level candidates.
Hourly wage starts at $12 per hour, increasing to $14 per hour after achieving some components of the upskilling program and demonstrating work ethic and training competence. Career advancement opportunities are defined upfront.
Our positions are full time with overtime on a regular basis. Our team enjoys best in class benefits, a brand new facility, and career pathway opportunities to continue to advance and excel as manufacturing returns to the USA.
DIE MAKER/DIE REPAIR
We are growing again and looking to add experienced Tool & Die Makers and Repairmen to our team! We offer a generous compensation package including wage, major medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, 401k and paid vacation.
To be capable of building and/or troubleshooting a tight tolerance, progressive die to meet standards, quality, delivery, and total customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Work with customer drawings and requirements.
- Following written procedures and guidelines from building the ground up.
- Verify tool is being built to the latest engineering revision level.
- May work with manufacturing coworkers on solving quality issues as needed.
- Interface directly with related departments as questions/ problems arise.
- Employ problem-solving techniques within work team to eliminate bottlenecks and roadblocks to successful operation.
- Propose ideas for continuous improvement in quality and manufacturing process.
- Practice total commitment to customer satisfaction.
Minimum Education and Experience: Graduation from a two-year technical program and/or Journeyman Certification.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skill
Ability to work independently without supervision, problem solve and communicate with others is a must. Ability to read mechanical drawings is a must. Willingness to learn new skills and create a successful work team.
Summary: Provide engineering assistance on existing products, process and product improvements, design and build of dies/gages, and manufacturing process development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the design using CAD Tools, Dies, Gages and related items.
- Make engineering changes in 3D software.
- Modeling parts and assemblies in AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Create and interpret mechanical drawings
- Must be able to work with Engineering staff, as well as the Toolroom staff, in day to day operations.
- Ensure information is provided complete and accurate to the Tool and Die Makers and others.
- File prints and data received in several formats from customers
- Use Global Shop Solutions (GSS) ATD ERP software for ALL business and other tools to support GSS as necessary (i.e. MS Office).
Job Specifications or Qualifications:
- High School Diploma.
- Must have, or be pursuing, a 2 or 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Relevant prior experience working or co-op in an engineering capacity
Skills and Knowledge
- CAD (Autocad (2D), Inventor (3D) or similar product i.e. Solidworks)
- MS Office software – Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong mechanical aptitude with an interest in the hands-on application of engineering principles
- Data analysis skills
- Highly self-motivated
- An active participant in a team / collaborative environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, oral, and written communications skills
- Candidate must wear Personal Protection Equipment while in manufacturing areas.
- Must be able to lift, sit, and stand frequently.
Automation Tool & Die, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with Federal, State and Local laws which prohibit discrimination because of race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, national origin, physical handicap, disability (as defined by law), or veteran status. Applicants are considered on the basis of qualifications alone. If at any time you need assistance filling out this employment application or any other related assistance, please notify us.
PUNCH PRESS OPERATOR
The objective of this job is to perform assigned labor intensive tasks and run a metal stamping punch press to produce metal stampings within established run rate.
- Communicate (via intranet, email, telephone, or personal conversation with Production Supervisor)
- Coordinate specific needs with Material Handler.
- Scrap Removal
- F/G or WIP product removal from line.
- Report miss-hits or problems (to Production Supervisor).
- Report labor time(s) and part count (quantity produced) to appropriate Work Order Router (online).
Stamping – Produce parts:
- In-process inspection(s) as stated on Control Plan.
- May include attribute or variable gages.
- May require Statistical Process Control (SPC) Data collection.
- Report non-conforming findings.
- Verify that process is in control.
- Stop production (until resolution) if parts fall out of specification during run.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce Stampings:
- Within the priority determined (on the Dispatch List).
- Within specified runtime (shown on Work Order Router).
- Attend to the press at ALL times of operation.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS OR QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must demonstrate the physical ability to perform tasks in a safe and efficient manner to Production
- Working with others: interpersonal skills to support working cooperatively with others to signal material handling needs of production lines, work cooperatively and have regard for others.
- Communication: of your own needs, accepting constructive feedback, coping with learning opportunities and support.
- Communication: speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
- Organization: identify and relate the process to material storage and handling needs. Develop a system that facilitates flow.
- Learn: identify with the objective and components of the process and understand what you are doing before attempting to execute a task.
- Work independently: improve own learning and performance, focused effort on goals, work towards improvement.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must reliable transportation.
- Candidate must wear Personal Protection Equipment while on shop floor.
- Lift, carry and/or manipulate up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent standing.
- Ability to reach, bend, push or pull to place or retrieve materials in production environment.
Key Role Interactions
- Communicate and work with metal stamping production line leaders, Material Handler, Production
- Supervisor and support personnel assigned to assist on Work Order (production).