Welcome to the Automation Tool & Die Career Center
At Automation Tool & Die we are dedicated to attracting and developing a diverse team of individuals committed to success. Becoming an Automation Tool & Die Employee is more than just joining a company on the cutting edge of their industry. It’s joining a company that values its employees and invests in their future. It’s working in a challenging environment that encourages employee development and success. Automation Tool & Die is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer Best in Class benefit and compensation packages that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, incentive plan, and much more!
We are always looking for people that have the X- Factor. Here at ATD our team that is made up of Can Do People. Regardless of where – at home, at work, in the community, working with other team members, working with family or as a mentor, our team makes a positive difference; they are Can Do People that make our team successful; they’re the ones that find reasons to make something work and contribute in a positive way to make our company GREAT. They are the people that work hard when no one is looking and remain focused on pertinent objectives. They have a purpose.
They may not be the most talented or have the highest credentials, but they work well with others, build trust and are motivated and determined to be successful. In a word, they have heart. They are dependable in demanding situations that require extra effort or discipline. They understand that if they come to work every day and focus on making ATD a better company, they will benefit in the long run – “If you take care of the store, the store will take care of you. ”They bring an unselfish attitude and want one in return.
Can Do People understand that that there is no room for a primo uomo or prima donna. They are the difference makers, the reason why our customers call on ATD, allowing us to continue to be Best in Class and continue to grow. Are you up for the challenge? To learn more about the career opportunities currently available at Automation Tool & Die please visit the Current Job Listing page on this site.
Die Setter/Automatic Press Operator
Position Title: Die Setter / Automatic Punch Press Operator
FLSA Status: Hourly, Full Time
Summary: The objective of this job is to setup and run an automatic punch press (progressive) to produce metal stampings within established run rate.
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Support the organization’s mission and vision by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Safety Checks
- Press Maintenance
- Tool Readiness prior to use
Review and Understand Work Order Packet and related information:
- Dispatch List - schedule and priority of work orders
- Work Order – process steps to produce product
- Pick List - materials required i.e. R/M, gages, inspection documents, F/G (or WIP) containers, labels, tags and the like
- Stamping Setup Sheet – specific job related information
Communicate (via intranet, email, telephone, or personal conversation with Production Supervisor)
- Coordinate specific needs with Material Handler
- Scrap Removal
- F/G or WIP product removal from line
- Report (to Production Supervisor) production tool miss-hit or problems
- Report labor time(s) and part count (quantity produced) to appropriate Work Order Router (online)
Set up punch press
- Use hand tools i.e. wrench, snips, nibbler, etc.
- Load coil, thread feed line
- Adjust material straightener and feeder
- Align, set and clamp die
- Install (connect) lube sprayers, die protection, sensors, part and scrap conveyor(s) or ejection chute(s)
- Adjust and verify punch press control settings
- Safety equipment – Light Curtains, Palm Buttons
- Shut Height SPM, Counterbalance
- Use modern press control systems i.e. Smart Pac II or Link 5000
- Use measuring instruments i.e. micrometer, caliper, indicator, scale, etc.
- First Piece inspection (of part(s))
- Stamping Process verification
- In-process inspection(s) as stated on Control Plan
- May include attribute or variable gages
- May require Statistical Process Control (SPC) Data collection
- Report non-conforming findings
- Verify that process is in control
- Stop production (until resolution) if parts fall out of specification during run
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce Stampings
- Within the priority determined (on the Dispatch List)
- Within specified runtime (shown on Work Order Router)
- Attend to the press at ALL times of operation
Job Specifications or Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must demonstrate to Production Manager the ability to set up and run press in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must have previous experience as an Automatic Punch Press Operator.
Basic Computer Skills
- Working with others: interpersonal skills to support working cooperatively with others to signal material handling needs of production lines, work cooperatively and have regard for others.
- Communication: of your own needs, accepting constructive feedback, coping with learning opportunities and support.
- Communication: speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
- Organization: identify and relate the process to material storage and handling needs. Develop a system that facilitates flow.
- Problem solving: demonstrate the ability to tackle problems systematically, for the purpose of working towards a solution and learning from the process.
- Identify process problems or bottlenecks.
- Plan resources (equipment, people, services, material) in a way to avoid downtime.
- Math: Application of Numbers: interpreting information involving numbers, carrying out calculations, interpreting results and presenting findings.
- Work independently: improve own learning and performance, focused effort on goals, work towards improvement.
- Candidate must wear Personal Protection Equipment while on shop floor.
- Lift, carry and/or manipulate up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent standing.
- Ability to reach, bend, push or pull to place or retrieve materials in production environment.
Key Role Interactions
- Communicate and work with Material Handler, Production Supervisor and support personnel assigned to assist on Work Order (production).
ENTRY LEVEL MANUFACTURING CANDIDATES
Entry Level Manufacturing Candidates
Tool and Die, Metal Stamping and related Career Paths are available immediately!
Looking for a career, not just a job? Are you searching opportunity - good pay, excellent benefits, company paid and career advancing education? Automation Tool & Die has well-paid opportunities for entry level and experienced candidates. We are currently seeking entry level and experienced candidates for Press Operator, Die Setter, Welder, Value Added Service, Tool and Die, CAD, Die Design, and Quality roles within our growing company.
We are conveniently located in Valley City, and have openings on both shifts.
As an engagement and retention strategy, we commit early to entry-level candidates.
Hourly wage starts at $12 per hour, increasing to $14 per hour after achieving some components of the upskilling program and demonstrating work ethic and training competence. Career advancement opportunities are defined upfront.
Our positions are full time with overtime on a regular basis. Our team enjoys best in class benefits, a brand new facility, and career pathway opportunities to continue to advance and excel as manufacturing returns to the USA.
DIE MAKER/DIE REPAIR
We are growing again and looking to add experienced Tool & Die Makers and Repairmen to our team! We offer a generous compensation package including wage, major medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, 401k and paid vacation.
To be capable of building and/or troubleshooting a tight tolerance, progressive die to meet standards, quality, delivery, and total customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Work with customer drawings and requirements.
- Following written procedures and guidelines from building the ground up.
- Verify tool is being built to the latest engineering revision level.
- May work with manufacturing coworkers on solving quality issues as needed.
- Interface directly with related departments as questions/ problems arise.
- Employ problem-solving techniques within work team to eliminate bottlenecks and roadblocks to successful operation.
- Propose ideas for continuous improvement in quality and manufacturing process.
- Practice total commitment to customer satisfaction.
Minimum Education and Experience: Graduation from a two-year technical program and/or Journeyman Certification.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skill
Ability to work independently without supervision, problem solve and communicate with others is a must. Ability to read mechanical drawings is a must. Willingness to learn new skills and create a successful work team.
Automation Tool & Die, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with Federal, State and Local laws which prohibit discrimination because of race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, national origin, physical handicap, disability (as defined by law), or veteran status. Applicants are considered on the basis of qualifications alone. If at any time you need assistance filling out this employment application or any other related assistance, please notify us.
The objective of this job is to perform assigned labor intensive tasks and run a metal stamping punch press to produce metal stampings within established run rate.
- Design metal stamping dies in Auto Cad, Inventor, Space Claim 3D, Solid works and/or similar programs.
- Must be able to design using CAD Tools, Dies, Gages and related items
- Make engineering changes and die tryouts in 3D software.
- Must have the ability to quote stamping dies, stampings, fabricated parts and assemblies.
- Must be able to work with Engineering staff, as well as the Toolroom staff, in day to day operations.
- Must have actual stamping experience in the area of troubleshooting.
- Must be able to interact in part development.
- Work with Diemakers to complete new tool builds and changes.
- Insure information is provided complete and accurate to the Tool and Die Makers and others.
- Communicate with customer and relay information to appropriate personnel.
- File prints and math data received in several formats from customers
- Clearly understand Ownership objectives, company goals and pursue them aggressively.
- Use Global Shop Solutions (GSS) ATD ERP software for ALL business and other tools to support GSS as necessary (i.e. MS Office).
- Commit sufficient time and effort to meet the demands of the department and maintain company standards.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS OR QUALIFICATIONS
- CAD (Autocad (2D), Inventor (3D) or similar product i.e. Solidworks)
- MS Office software – Outlook, Word, Excel
- High School Diploma.
- Post-secondary trade school/advanced degree.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the practical application of machining methods and operation.
- Must have a good understanding of progressive and single hit dies and be able to make improvements or recommendations
- Problem Solving – Problem solving is of crucial importance in engineering when products or processes fail, so corrective action can be taken to prevent further failures. Perhaps of more value, problem solving can be applied to a product or process prior to an actual fail event i.e. a potential problem can be predicted, analyzed and mitigation applied so the problem never actually occurs.
- Project Management – Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to work within budgetary and time requirements and see tasks through to completion.
- Team Work – Must have the interpersonal skills to support working cooperatively and have regard for others, the ability to work together as a team.
- Willingness – Demonstrate an attitude of open-minded thinking and a desire to go above expectations. Acceptance of delegation. Openness to feedback.
- Accountability and Communication – Desire to communicate progress and issues in a way that is clear, understandable and builds trust.
- Organization – Ability to comprehend and envision how processes, all work together – being able to see the whole picture – how everything needs to work together to complete a project – attention to detail.
- Time Management – Prioritize competing demands and overlapping responsibilities in a dynamic and high pressure environment to stay on schedule to ensure and improve on efficiency. Identify a means to an end to achieve goals.
- Business Acumen – Ability to recognize situations, make appropriate business decisions and behave in a way that represents ATD in a professional way.
- Communication – Speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Ability to quantify your needs, accept constructive feedback, cope with learning opportunities and support.
- Work Independently – Improve one’s own learning and performance, focused effort on goals, work towards improvement.
- Candidate must wear Personal Protection Equipment while in manufacturing areas.
- Must be able to lift, sit, and stand frequently.