Welcome to the Automation Tool & Die Career Center
At Automation Tool & Die we are dedicated to attracting and developing a diverse team of individuals committed to success. Becoming an Automation Tool & Die Employee is more than just joining a company on the cutting edge of their industry. It’s joining a company that values its employees and invests in their future. It’s working in a challenging environment that encourages employee development and success. Automation Tool & Die is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer Best in Class benefit and compensation packages that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, incentive plan, and much more!
We are always looking for people that have the X- Factor. Here at ATD our team that is made up of Can Do People. Regardless of where – at home, at work, in the community, working with other team members, working with family or as a mentor, our team makes a positive difference; they are Can Do People that make our team successful; they’re the ones that find reasons to make something work and contribute in a positive way to make our company GREAT. They are the people that work hard when no one is looking and remain focused on pertinent objectives. They have a purpose.
They may not be the most talented or have the highest credentials, but they work well with others, build trust and are motivated and determined to be successful. In a word, they have heart. They are dependable in demanding situations that require extra effort or discipline. They understand that if they come to work every day and focus on making ATD a better company, they will benefit in the long run – “If you take care of the store, the store will take care of you. ”They bring an unselfish attitude and want one in return.
Can Do People understand that that there is no room for a primo uomo or prima donna. They are the difference makers, the reason why our customers call on ATD, allowing us to continue to be Best in Class and continue to grow. Are you up for the challenge? To learn more about the career opportunities currently available at Automation Tool & Die please visit the Current Job Listing page on this site.
DIE MAKER/DIE REPAIR
We are growing again and looking to add experienced Tool & Die Makers and Repairmen to our team! We offer a generous compensation package including wage, major medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, 401k and paid vacation.
To be capable of building and/or troubleshooting a tight tolerance, progressive die to meet standards, quality, delivery, and total customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Work with customer drawings and requirements.
- Following written procedures and guidelines from building the ground up.
- Verify tool is being built to the latest engineering revision level.
- May work with manufacturing coworkers on solving quality issues as needed.
- Interface directly with related departments as questions/ problems arise.
- Employ problem-solving techniques within work team to eliminate bottlenecks and roadblocks to successful operation.
- Propose ideas for continuous improvement in quality and manufacturing process.
- Practice total commitment to customer satisfaction.
Minimum Education and Experience: Graduation from a two-year technical program and/or Journeyman Certification.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skill
Ability to work independently without supervision, problem solve and communicate with others is a must. Ability to read mechanical drawings is a must. Willingness to learn new skills and create a successful work team.
Automation Tool & Die, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with Federal, State and Local laws which prohibit discrimination because of race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, national origin, physical handicap, disability (as defined by law), or veteran status. Applicants are considered on the basis of qualifications alone. If at any time you need assistance filling out this employment application or any other related assistance, please notify us.
PUNCH PRESS OPERATOR
The objective of this job is to perform assigned labor intensive tasks and run a metal stamping punch press to produce metal stampings within established run rate.
- Communicate (via intranet, email, telephone, or personal conversation with Production Supervisor)
- Coordinate specific needs with Material Handler.
- Scrap Removal
- F/G or WIP product removal from line.
- Report miss-hits or problems (to Production Supervisor).
- Report labor time(s) and part count (quantity produced) to appropriate Work Order Router (online).
Stamping – Produce parts:
- In-process inspection(s) as stated on Control Plan.
- May include attribute or variable gages.
- May require Statistical Process Control (SPC) Data collection.
- Report non-conforming findings.
- Verify that process is in control.
- Stop production (until resolution) if parts fall out of specification during run.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce Stampings:
- Within the priority determined (on the Dispatch List).
- Within specified runtime (shown on Work Order Router).
- Attend to the press at ALL times of operation.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS OR QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must demonstrate the physical ability to perform tasks in a safe and efficient manner to Production
- Working with others: interpersonal skills to support working cooperatively with others to signal material handling needs of production lines, work cooperatively and have regard for others.
- Communication: of your own needs, accepting constructive feedback, coping with learning opportunities and support.
- Communication: speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
- Organization: identify and relate the process to material storage and handling needs. Develop a system that facilitates flow.
- Learn: identify with the objective and components of the process and understand what you are doing before attempting to execute a task.
- Work independently: improve own learning and performance, focused effort on goals, work towards improvement.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must reliable transportation.
- Candidate must wear Personal Protection Equipment while on shop floor.
- Lift, carry and/or manipulate up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent standing.
- Ability to reach, bend, push or pull to place or retrieve materials in production environment.
Key Role Interactions
- Communicate and work with metal stamping production line leaders, Material Handler, Production
- Supervisor and support personnel assigned to assist on Work Order (production).