Automation Tool & Die began producing high-quality custom tooling solutions in 1974. Our entry into the metal stamping industry in 1989 was in direct response to the need we recognized for expert involvement at every level of the manufacturing process. Since then, we have introduced value-added services ranging from plating and tapping to assembly and distribution.
Automation Tool & Die Through the Years...
James E. Bennett founded Automation Tool & Die, Inc.
Relocated to 1,800 sq ft. facility at 11897 Bellaire Rd. Cleveland, Ohio. The production was Custom Dies.
Moved into a new, 6,200 sq ft. facility at 2867 Nationwide Parkway, Brunswick, Ohio.
8,600 sq ft. expansion was completed to accommodate stamping equipment. Automation entered into the Material Stamping industry.
Began assembly of stamped parts with other components.
A 12,000 ft. extension in stamping production facility was completed.
Office facilities were expanded to 4,000 sq ft. A 10,000 sq ft. warehouse facility was added.
Total area of facilities reached 41,000 sq ft., with 35 full-time employees.
Implementation of MRP Systems was completed. Pursuit of QS-9000 started.
OS-9000 Registration was completed.
Opened Distribution Center. TS-16949 started.
Added 600 ton Minster Straight Side with 32 inch wide feed line and a 20,000 coil capacity. Purchased building and land adjacent to our current facility to allow for new tool room facility and give ATD land for further growth.
Moved tool room to new, state-of-the-art tool room, completely renovated during 2004-2005. Designed, built and began production on an automated tapping, insert press, as well as a 100% inspection machine for our Japanese transplant customers.
ATD began adding special machines to increase our value added capabilities with one of our Japanese customers
Completed first 3-year cycle of TS-16949 Quality Systems.
Added 500 and 600 ton presses, increasing stamping capabilities.
ATD like the rest of the world experienced the biggest economic downturn since the Great Depression. We not only survived the 70% loss in business but have come out of the downturn stronger and better due to solid business practices and a can do team effort throughout the company.
ATD added another special assembly machine in our value added department. ATD added a vibratory deburring department with multiple lines.
ATD added Orbital Riveting to our value added department. Employment level rebounds to 35 employees.
Added multiple seats of a new 3D software package.
Over 70 Full time employees at 4 Facilities comprise the ATD Team. Added AIDA 300 Ton Servo Press.
Increased Warehouse capacity (10,000sf to 15,000sf) and added Servo Weld Cell, Mig/Tig, Assembly to Value Added Services.
Designed and broke ground on facility consolidation project to move out of four (4) facilities into one (1) facility that facilitates future growth (102,000sf on >22 acres).
Added robotic press tending on two (2) new AIDA 200 ton presses. Built and moved entire operation into new facilities. Added AIDA 700 Ton Servo Press.
Implemented new efficiencies – work flow, material handling, network technology. Registered to the new IATF 16949 Quality Management System Standard (one of the first in the United States).
Pursue continuous improvement in all areas to support long-term growth and sustained viability.
Passionate & Ethical Business Practices:
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical business practices
- Small business organization is capitalized through resourcefulness
- Support customer evolving needs to help ensure their success
- Value balance of high quality and resonable price
- Decisions driven by long-term strategic thinking
- Environmentally responsible and community supportive
Supportative & Collaborative Team Environment:
- Business centered positive relations exist among all team members
- Work is approached with collective purpose in a challenging and flexible manner by all team members
- Team members accept responsibility to understand and support ATD.’s goals and direction
- A friendly environment where open and honest discussion is encouraged and respected
- Team members assume personal ownership and accountability of their position on the team
- Individuals work as a team through support and cooperation with each other
Flexible & Dynamic Operations:
- All functional areas operate with discipline, high efficiency and waste minimization
- Relentless seeking of improvement opportunities in all areas at all times by all members
- Systems, standards and procedures exist to achieve operational excellence
- Results are achieved through focused personal initiative and quick response
- Change is accepted and embraced to ensure adaptability and responsiveness to an ever evolving and challenging business environment
- Team member safety is never compromised
- The core values of ATD are based on the fundamental tenants of ethics and respect
- All members of the ATD team are valued and are the collective strength behind all success
- Service and the dedication to customer success is essential to long-term viability
- Environmental stewardship is not simply a responsibility; it is an obligation to our children
- Community involvement and support is the means to give back what we have received
We, the team of ATD, are all dedicated to manufacturing the highest quality products at a reasonable cost, delivered on time, to surpass customer-expected value and achieve business loyalty.